Representatives from Bastrop County Tourism, B.E.S.T (Bastrop, Elgin, Smithville, Texas) partners from each of the three Chambers of Commerce in the county, and New Republic Studios came together for a booth at this year’s South by Southwest (SXSW) to jointly market the region for tourism and for economic growth including the economic driver of filmmaking in the county, during production and as future tourism attractions. Representatives staggered their times for a complete Bastrop County informational experience.SXSW is a collection of music, film, technology and interactive conferences and festivals held in Austin with over 300,000 attendees, with 26% from 105 countries from around the world.
- Increase national and international awareness of Bastrop County
- Entice SXSW attendees and participants to explore Bastrop County
- Increase hotel stays and improve occupancy rates for both leisure and business travelers
- Highlight one of the county’s economic partners, New Republic Studios
- Generate new business leads
- Attract business to the region
- Strengthen the partnership bonds between our local entities